How do you work with Canadian churches?
As Tearfund we are so honoured to work alongside churches in Canada and around the world to love others in the name of Jesus.
It is our desire to work with churches in Canada to help them in their mandate of proclaiming the love of Christ and His call to help the poor and suffering throughout the world.
We are the official relief and development organization of several denominations and associations in Canada and are their representative at the Canadian Foodgrains Bank. This means that we provide them with a channel to help in times of crisis, and work closely with them to lift families out of poverty long-term. Through our many partnerships we are frequently able to multiply their impact through matching funds.
Additionally, we work with churches in a variety of ways such as:
- Providing them with the opportunity to respond to disasters through a trusted Christian organization with a worldwide network of partners.
- Providing them with opportunities to equip and empower families with training and resources so that they can escape extreme poverty.
- Connecting them with local churches abroad to reach out with the love of Christ and help families out of physical, spiritual, and emotional poverty.
- Providing free access to world class resources on holistic ministry, understanding poverty, integral mission, and Christian responses to topics such as sexual violence and creation care.
- Continued learning opportunities from our church partners who are working with those in greatest need.
- Seasoned speakers who can come and share what God is doing and how lives are being transformed.
- A once a year event called Tearfund Sunday that brings us together to be a part of a larger work around the world.